Optimal Instant Pot Settings for Cooking Baby Back Ribs: Pressure, Time, and Release? (Update Included)

jssusislord

Hello all you that have tried cooking Baby Back ribs in your Instant pot... What did you find the optimum pressure, time and release time setting. Assume one rack, thawed. Thanks.
Update: ended up 35min/high pressure/13PR.
Seared with a torch, no sauce.
Thanks again.

First thing I ever made. 35 min, just about a natural release, then under broiler to carmelize BBQ sauce. Use apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke. Let the rub sit on ribs for a while before cooking. Remove membrane. Delish.

We make them often! 2 racks typically although my pot will fit 3. It depends on how you like them...if you want them falling off the bone, at least 25 min with at least a 10min npr. If you like a bit if chew them...20 to 25 with a 10min npr. Keep in mind thicker/meatier racks will cook slightly different than thinner racks. Either way, all you need is 1 to 1.5c of a good liquid (water, broth, beet, soda, juice, etc) to suit your flavor profile and a good rub. When they are done...slather on some BBQ if you like and then pop under the broiler or on the grill to char up a little. Play with your times to find your perfect level of doneness.

I marinade or rub mine, bottle of beer, trivet ribs on top, cook high pressure 25 min, nr, remove add bbq sauce if desired. Broil a few minutes in oven.

Dry rub, beer for liquid, 27 minutes at pressure, natural release, baste with sauce and broil both sides for caramelization. Made them last night.

High pressure, 25 min, 10 min natural release. I put ribs around edge of pot & in middle I stand on-end russet potatoes to "bake". Minimum amt of water/broth for your size pot with a splash of liquid smoke. After: BBQ sauce and under broiler for about 7 min to caramelize sauce

Just did them last week. They were perfect. Standing on rack, 31 minutes high pressure, full natural release.

I use 20 minutes quick release for 2 or 3 racks. But they are definitely falling of the bone. Last week for 1 rack I used 10 minutes quick release but I could have added a minute or 2. I usually put a rub on it in the morning and use 1.5 cups of water and 1/2 soya sauce to tenderize it. Delicious

I always do mine for an hour, with NR for at least 15 minutes. They are fall off the bone, juicy and delicious. Some of ya’ll are going to come at me for this, but mind your own. It’s the way WE like them, not the way you like them. 😊

I cook baby back ribs for 20 minutes with a 10 min NR for meat that is tender and the bones easily pull out. I make my own flavorful rub and use 1 1/2 cups of water. I glaze the ribs with either a Bourbon or Korean BBQ sauce in the oven on a high heat for about 10 minutes. You can find recipes for rubs on the internet cooking sites. It is easy to tailor it to your preferences.

Back