Reheating Food in an Instant Pot: Using Steam vs. Microwave – High Pressure for 1-5 Minutes?

kdol

I’d read about reheating food in the instantpot rather than the micro as it doesn’t dry out. Apparently it’s a cup of water and a bowl with the food placed on the steam rack. I read to heat on high for 1 to 5 mins. Do I assume that means bring to pressure then cook for 1-5 mins? I do believe so
🤔

I do this all the time with your instructions. I separate meats in one (covered) oven loaf and stack rice/pasta/potatoes in another (covered) pan on top the meat. Never disappoints and food isn’t dried out.

Yes pressurizing and releasing isn't counted in the cook time you set. The time doesn't start counting down until it reaches pressure

Whenever I heat something up in tge IP using pot in pot, I find it takes about 10 minutes to get it heated up enough.

I tried adding left overs to a stainless pot while making potatoes, nice moist meat with no overcooking or extra dishes.

Put in foil covered bowl ,if needed add some water to the bowl. Water in the instant pot....use steam setting for 5 minutes. Sometimes I set it for 10....even if it goes the full 10 minutes it's always good. Quick release pressure

I cook potatoes in a stainless steel bowl in the afternoon then mash them when my power is on a cheaper rate.
Then I return them to the instant pot on the keep warm function until tea time 👍

Back