Trouble with Instant Pot Duo Crisp: Buttons Not Responding Properly

eclipse1157

Hi folks. I’m hoping for some help here as I feel I’ve exhausted all avenues.
I’ve just purchased an instant pot duo crisp with ultimate lid and I can’t get it to work.
I plug it in and it says ‘ready’ and when I hit the ‘pressure cook’ button, or any other button the button does two flashes, then the screen goes back to ‘ready’. No time appears on the screen. The ‘cancel’ button does not seem to do anything.
I have watched YouTube videos and it seems to me that when I touch a button the machine should instantly respond?
What am I doing wrong/ not doing?
Thank you.

1725768037501.png

Are you pressing "pressure cook" and then setting your desired time? And..obvious questions...have you read the manual and done the water test?

I have the same one and had to get them to send me a replacement under warranty. They are very nice about getting it resolved for you. But yes, it sounds like what I had a problem with on my first one

Did it prompt you to slide the lock in place? Try taking out the pressure lid thingy and then press pressure cook and see if it prompts you to place that lid. "Ready" is how it looks when it's waiting for a command. Seems like a dead pot, or at least the pressure cook button is dead. Try exchanging at the store or call IP.

I press pressure. If I change time I press the big button then press start. If I press pressure and time is ok I still press start

Are you pressing the time button after you press pressure cook, time should come up on display, turn knob to set to desired time? You will need to press the steam release button as well to select quick release, natural release etc and then the start button.

Oh,ok. Yes, I cant get to that point. Nothing happens when i hit pressure - it just goes back to ready with no time displayed.

Back