Best 8qt Instant Pot for Beginners

chair

Hi everyone.
I need your expertise to tell me which one of those instant pots is better pls?
Am new to instant pots. Never had one before and I wanna buy my first one.
I know I want an 8qt one, but as far as options which one is a better choice ? Or if there is a third one that you recommend, pls feel free to mention it.
Thank you!

1725766893801.png

1725766900668.png

Consider what you'll be cooking with it. For example, in addition to pressure cooking, I use the yogurt and sous vide settings (but never the rice or slow cook.) Best wishes.

@yanni8 honestly not so sure yet what’s the difference between pressure cooking and slow cooking am
Still new to this. But I need one mostly for the meals that take too long on the stove to cook for faster preparation. And I’d like to be able to saute
Some food before cooking it too

@chair I'm a bit prejudiced because I only have one IP. However, I love my Pro. I have had it for a year and have never received a single burn notice.

Buy the cheapest. You will still mostly ever use pressure cook. I use Sautee & pressure thats all. I don't care about the other functions.

I would also agree the cheaper. I have 3 of them (different sizes) only because it depends how much I am cooking. I hate doing dishes so I don’t want to clean a big pot if I’m only making a baked potato. 😂

I have both types. I use my og duo most, its a 6qt. My 8qt is the plus model. I only really use pressure cooking and sometimes yogurt, and they both do that. So the functions in the pot doesn't sway me, its the size i need for my meal.

Or buy the one with more functions, in case down the line you may need it, this way you don't have to buy another one if you need other functions later.

@chair - Do you really need an 8 quart? Answer per how you cook now. (1) How many people do you usually cook for? (2) Any teenagers? (3) Do you occasionally cook for larger groups? (4) Do you like to have some or a lot of leftovers? (5) Do you want a basic, but up-to-date, workhorse or one with all the bells and whistles?

Back