Best 8qt Instant Pot for Beginners

@chair - Thanks for the info. I really think, for your first IP, a 6 quart would be better. Most recipes for the IP are for the 6 quart. It will cook for up to 6 people so, many recipes will have leftovers. However, if you often cook for a lot more people, the 8 quart will be good. It will just mean you will have to make some cooking adjustments for some recipes if you want to double the recipe. All that being said, either of the above models (both come in 6 & 8 quart sizes) would be fine. The Duo Plus has a few more features. … SIMPLER
I recommend the newest version 6 quart Duo - https://www.instanthome.com/.../6-quart-multi-use... It is a major workhorse and good for a beginner! It has the Yogurt function button (for yogurt and proofing bread dough) and the EasySeal lid.
MORE COMPLEX
I recommend the newest version (V.4-June2022) 6 quart Duo PLUS - https://www.instanthome.com/.../6-quart-pressure-cooker-v4 - has the Yogurt function button, the Sous Vide function, an anti-spin cooking pot, Whisper-Quiet Steam Release and the EasySeal lid.

@chair I like having the 8qt for frozen meats, because I dont like to defrost. The frozen shape makes it hard to fit in a 6 qt. Although I do use my 6qt more, if I had to choose one I'd get the 8qt just because of that. I like knowing no matter what ill fit it in my 8qt without defrosting first.

@chair You can only cram maybe a 5-6# chicken into a 6qt. The 8 will give your much more flexibility there. I use the sous vide when I just cook one or two portions or smaller steaks. Easier and more convenient and saves having to drag out the immersion circulator and tank. Great for travel sous vide, too, for 1 0or 2 people on the road.

... I have an 8 qt and cook for 2 people. LOVE it! Just because it is 8 qts you choose how much you want to add. I can cook meals JUST for 2 or any number I want.

Get the one with sous vide. Imagine getting bottom round roast, cooking it sous vide, and having it come out like tenderloin, tender and moist!

I like the 9 in one it has the full proof automatic locking on top I used to always forget to check if my instant pot was set to closed or venting this one it’s already closed and you press the button down to vent. Very helpful for my adhd brain I have one of each but use this one more b/c I don’t have to think about weather or not the venting knob is in the correct position 🧡

Back