How to Make Bone Broth from Rotisserie Chicken: A Lesson Learned and a Success Story!

If you have a muffin tin that has 12 servings, you can freeze in that too, and each “muffin” of broth is 1/3rd cup. Easy to pull 3 or 6 if you need a cup or 2 of broth

@jopeck I try to steer clear of crappy food ---- haven't had a soda in years, no processed foods, we don't need whatever stuff they've injected into these chickens either. Thanks!!

I just ordered cheese cloth bags for making broth, keep all the bones togerther then pull them out. I am looking forward to trying them out.

@matthewhardy I use a mesh strainer/steamer in my IP instead of cheesecloth. Less messy and cleans up perfectly in the dishwasher. I put all ingredients into the strainer, then put that in the IP and add water. So easy! Just pull it out when done and put it over a bowl to let all the rest of the liquid drain out so I don’t lose a drop of the precious stuff.

I have a strainer basket for my IP. I put all the veggies and bones, backs or feet in it. Once done, I lift the basket out, place in a bowl and pack up the broth. Sometimes, I’ll do a second pot with the bones and some new veggies. It’s not quite as strong as the first batch but better than anything from a carton!

Your foods will taste so much better!
My family can really tell the difference when I use boxed broths as opposed to my bone broth. Using my rotisserie chicken to make a pot pie & then the bones will be put to good use.

I save all of our chicken bones, and toss them in a freezer bag with leftover veggie bits like leek greens, kale stems, etc. I keep adding to the bag until it’s full, then it’s broth making time.

Back