Need Help with Instant Pot Settings for Pork Chops – Feeling Nervous!

barnes298

So I'm really nervous using the instant pot. I'm cooking 5 big porkchops. I set it for stew/meat I don't know how to change the setting because I don't like using it. I read the manual, im not sure how to adjust the setting from low, medium, and high.
But I set it for 50 mins, does everything look OK. And will It be over or undercooked? Some time has past.
I feel like hank from king of the hill with his propane ptsd. I just don't like the idea of somthing complicated I'm not sure how to use just sitting on the counter.
🥹

1726295699016.png

I've never used the meat stew setting but I would normally cook that many pork chops for about 20 minutes on high pressure. I have a feeling you'll be just fine.

I don’t have that kind of pot but the keep warm is on. Does that mean that it’s on keep warm or that it will keep warm once it’s finished pressure cooking?

When that happens I turn it off and start over. I don’t use mine much but I go by a recipe because I can’t judge doneness until it’s too late … or too early! 😜
Fifty minutes seems really long but I don’t know.

I usually brown pork chops with onion on the sauté setting, then add vegetable broth to cover, and set at 27 minutes on Meat/stew. Release pressure, add baby potatoes and carrots and reset on 6-7 minutes. I’m thinking 50 minutes is a very long time even for 5 pork chops. 🤔

Hi @dbales, I actually just use salt and pepper. I put a couple tablespoons of butter in the IP and once it melts I place a couple pork chops (salt & peppered) and brown on both sides. If I am cooking more I take first two out and add another 1-2 until browned. I add quartered onion into the pot while they are browning. Then I place all of the browned chops back into the IP, add vegetable broth to cover them (only to cover, no more) then set the Meat setting for 27 minutes. After the time is up, I do a quick release. That is when I add the small potatoes and mini carrots on top of the chops (no extra liquid) and set the time for about 6-7 minutes (depends on how small the vegetables are) when done I use a ladle to take out the vegetables and then the chops ( they will fall apart quite nicely) This is one of my favorite dishes ☺️ simple and always yummy.

Meat/Stew is just a pre-programmed pressure setting. You can adjust that time for whatever you'd like, or choose Pressure Cook and set it for your preferred time. It will cook the same either way. (I like to set a particular time on the Meat/Stew for things I cook all the time so I don't have to keep changing the time. For example, I cook a pork roast every few weeks, so I have a Meat/Stew setting on 90 minutes so I can just hit the button and not have to bother with setting the timer on pressure cook.)

You hit cancel between functions. The less, normal and more are for the saute and slow cook functions. I would actually hit cancel now and let it naturally release. You can always pressure cook longer if necessary.

Back