Need Help with Instant Pot Settings for Pork Chops – Feeling Nervous!

Manual will give you any amount of time you want. Meat/stew is preset time. Some of those will allow you to use + or - button to go down or up on time.

Everyone i’ve ever seen on some of these pages and groups are always very scared or nervous in the beginning. Heck I grew up in the 60s with my mom using the old fashion one on the stove. You don’t think I was scared to death? Just read pick something you want to cook look it up it’s really simple don’t be afraid. Just take your time and read.

I also find that watching a lot of YouTube videos or some kind of videos of people using the instant pot makes it seem that much simpler and they walk you through it and you get to understand a little bit more and explain as they go

When I first got my IP, i read the manual and the recipes that came with it. It helped me to familiarize myself with the unit so I wouldn’t be afraid of it

All the buttons are just preset timers and I hardly ever use them. I just use the manual function and set the timer for the exact time I want.

If you want to change the level (low, medium, or high) for the meat/stew button (I believe that's what you are asking?) You would press that same button again until the level you want it at is lit up. If it has already started cooking, you might have to hit cancel, and hit that meat/stew button til it's on the level you want.

I once totally ruined 4 beautiful pork loin chops cooking them for 40 minutes, hopefully yours turns out perfect

I'm in the exact same position.
No idea what I'm doing. Just watching videos, reading posts and trying my best.
It's hilarious how intimidating it is

You can always cancel and start over with different settings like if there’s still time you could change the setting now if you’re over, cooking it and stop it

Back