Perfect Carne Guisada and Vibrant Easter Egg Dyeing: Recipes and Techniques Inside!

sdwarrior

Used my 6qt IP to make some Carne Guisada for lunch today after I made a whole bunch of hard boiled eggs for deviled eggs. I was able to fit 30 eggs in there, most I’ve ever made at once and of course they turned out perfect and peeled so easily! I dye my egg whites after I split them, always fun to see the colors come out so vibrant
😊
🌈
especially on Easter! Y’all have a great day, here’s to yummy lunch!
Edits to add recipe and technique for dying eggs
Carne Guisada recipe:
This one was the following:
Stew meat
Green bell pepper
Red bell pepper
Can of Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
Can of beef consumme
Pack of beefy onion soup mix
And the secret ingredient is Fiesta brand Carne Guisada seasoning which you can find on Amazon if you aren’t in Texas where it can be found at H‑E‑B.
I tossed all minus the seasoning cause (it makes gravy so don’t do that or you’ll get the burn notice) that in for 35 minutes. Once it was done I let it naturally release cause I wasn’t in a hurry. I used some juice from the pot to make a slurry with the carne guisada seasoning and put it back in. I used sauté for a little while to thicken it up. It’s delicious!
How I dye my eggs:
I always drop my egg whites in a ziploc bag and then cover them with water then add my food coloring. These were done with the neon food coloring and the yellow orange color was from another dye pack I have. I just push the air out of the bag and set in the fridge for at least an hour and then drain that, rinse them and set them on paper towels to help them dry off some before filling them.

1725772298373.png

1725772306750.png

@caughtintherye Yes I did in the IP as well. I put 30 in there with about 2 cups of water. Did 8 minutes on steam and naturally released for 8 then broke the lid open and put straight into an ice bath.

@laserwraith I normally do the 5-5-5 but I got worried it wasn’t enough for that many eggs, I shouldn’t have jacked with it, they were slightly overcooked but still good and still peeled just fine

Back