Tried Making Spaghetti on My Insta for the First Time - Best Spaghetti Ever!

@atheist_jc, we love I.P. spaghetti. I've made it 4 times, and 2 times I got the burn notice. The recipe I have talks about using 1.5 cups of water in each of the 2 jars of spaghetti sauce to rinse them out. I wonder if any sauce in the bottom creates a burn notice. Making I.P. spaghetti today. After cooking the meat( trying Italian sausage today) and scraping the bottom, I'm going to put 2 cups of water in the bottom. Layer dry noodles(we use Rotella), then sauce, then 1/2 cup of water in each jar to rinse out goodies. We use 3 cheese Bertolli sauce. Hopefully with no tomato sauce on the bottom, no burn notice.

@rapidman11
I tried it twice. The first time I figured it was bits of meat stuck to the edges. The second time I didn’t brown my meat in the IP. I’m not sure. I still love my IP. Just not crazy about the burn thing.

@atheist_jc, try it one more time. The process I described works. Just made it, no burn notice. Our recipe:
2lbs ground meat
2 24oz jars of 4 cheese Bertolli sauce
1 box Rotelle noodles
1tbsp Italian seasoning
1tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cups water.
1 tbsp olive oil.
Hit saute button, add olive oil. Cook ground meat. Turn off. Add spices, add 2 cups water, stir and deglaze pot. Add 1lb box of noodles, layer on top, do not stir. Add 1/2 cup of water to each sauce jar, shake and add to pot. Close and set to 5-7 minutes.

@atheist_jc , one more thing. Been using this for over 20 years. Great for making ground meat fine when cooking.
Limited-time deal: Upgrade Meat Chopper, Heat Resistant Meat Masher for Hamburger Meat, Ground Beef Smasher, Nylon Hamburger Chopper Utensil, Ground Meat Chopper, Non Stick Mix Chopper, Mix and Chop, Potato Masher Tool https://a.co/d/hpVFKnW

Always make my penne with sauce in it! I add extra seasonings and then sausage or meatballs on top with spinach covering. So good.

@andreic86 I like a recipe I found. 3 minutes on high, 5 minutes natural release. That way the pasta was pretty good(I’m picky- )it’s not as Al dente as I would do with other recipe but it was not
bad either. Also, Set it to sauté for about 4 minutes to rid some of the extra water.

It’s my favorite way to make it now. I always liked leftover spaghetti best and it’s like second day straight out of the pot.

It’s amazing how many people say this. It was certainly true for me. I just don’t understand why, exactly, but pasta in the IP (as long as you don’t leave it in too long) is something really amazing.

Back