Unboxed My Instant Pot Rio Wide Plus 7.5qt: Size Comparison & Lid Locking Issue

princehere

I just unboxed my new Imstant Pot Rio Wide Plus 7.5qt. Pictured is it next to my Instant Dutch oven for size comparison. First, bigger than I was expecting, but estatic about the wide bottom for sautéing. Secondly, is it supposed to be difficult to lock the lid? This is my 8th Instant pot, I’m not new to them. I have yet to wash this one, and maybe that will help, I just feel like I’m having to turn it harder than expected to lock the lid back on.

1726294228140.png

1726294234167.png

I had this one but I had to send it back to company it wouldn't seal or bring up to pressure. I would suggest you do the water test before you dispose of box. I too have several, this is the 1st that I ever had a problem.

@princehere, Thank You, I just got mine today. I hope I don't have any problems with mine. Glad it passed the water test. Have you used your Dutch Oven Yet?, and if yes, how is it working for you?

@princehere, I just tried the lid, I thought I was going to have problems, my husband showed me, and we tried several times after that, and works perfect. Have you tried any more on locking your lid?

Oh good, dont be nervous. When i got my first instant Pot I didnt use it for quite awhile., i was so afraid, now have the fear out of me, now I have several Instant Pots and use them all the time. You'll do just fine.

I was going to ask you about that. I remembered u were on your 8th one. It is a very pretty Instant Pot. I hope everything works out for you. Mine wasn't tight when we tried it, just had to find out how to lock it., was easy. Did you try plugging it in and see if that would help in anyway, by pushing a certain button. Didn't u have to lock it to do the water test?

I have both of the same exact ones. I'm expecting my "Instant Pot Rio Wide Plus" today, 7.5qt. I can't wait!!!. I got the "Instant Dutch Oven" for my birthday, July 10th. I have other Instant Pots, too. Another birthday gift was the "Instant Pot Pro".

@chrissy777 just got my new Rio wide plus yesterday. It’s quite heavy from using my 6 quart Duo plus. However, passed the water test fine. Made hard boiled eggs but forgot to hit start so there was a little bit of steam released at the start. So I just hit start. Sautéed some chicken livers after making eggs which were perfect. So far really loving it. Want to use some of my old Corning ware bowls in it hope it works.

I have that Rio too. I couldn’t get it to pass the water test. Then I saw something red inside the piece that covers the steam outlet. There was a red paper tag blocking it. Once I removed that it worked perfectly. I like it a lot.

Back