How to Make Bone Broth from Rotisserie Chicken: A Lesson Learned and a Success Story!

I make broth out of two carcasses at a time. The broth is like chicken jello when it cools off. I freeze it in Prepworks Freezer Portion Pods, in one cup portions. once they are frozen, pop them out and put in a freezer zippy bag. When I need broth for a recipe, it’s pre-measured. The pods are great for single portions of soup, chili, gumbo. Spaghetti sauce, etc. I got them at a cooking store, but Amazon has them.

Okay…I just measured my muffin pans. Three regular sized muffin equals 1 cup and 12 mini muffins equal one cup. Is this a good way to freeze them…in muffin pans?

@dunamis2007 I have silicone muffin pans and once frozen they pop out. Metal pans not so sure. Maybe dip bottom in warm water to release or maybe a oil spray in the pan would release them. I use my jumbo muffin pan to freeze broths and soups. Just works.

I made broth and used my egg bite molds to freeze it. They are 1/4C each which I thought could be handy for when you just need a little broth for a recipe. Size of egg bite molds varies so if you decide to do this, measure yours first.

Yes. Bones are magical. Save them all and also vegetable ends (usually the parts that you throw out) and they are match in heaven.

Yum!! I freeze broth in 3cup plastic containers. I use it to make seasoned rice, gravy, or as thin liquid when making pork cuts in the IP. 😋

Love this! I make broth from rotisserie chicken carcass every week. I repurposed a large ice tea bottle and fill it with both each week and freeze the rest in ice cube trays!

It's just us in the house so we save all our bones, veggies scraps in the deep freezer until we have enough to fill the pot. We use chicken, beef and pork bones. Don't forget that's how they make pho or however you spell it lol 😆

I buy whole uncooked chickens, a twin pack. I cook one up in my air fryer, the other I throw in the instant pot and make broth then clean the carcass. Then I throw all the bones in again and make another batch of broth. Use the chicken for tacos, etc. I feel I get to control the salt/sodium if I make the broth and that I can season my dishes better.

I use a whole chicken. Uncooked. I add the usual vegetables. I then bone the chicken. I use the white meat for chicken salad. And some of the dark meat and broth for my bread dressing. Then I put the rest in a strainer and let the liquid set and remove the little bit of fat. Freeze the rest. I use any other meats for a special rice casserole. Or pot pies. Or chicken cacciatore. I buy the biggest chicken I can find. I was Catering different functions and I would buy all my chicken's whole. For frying. Any bones and skin I vacuum sealed for later use for stock or soup.

Back