Instant Pot Egg Bites: Cottage Cheese Substitute & Mold Covering Tips

I just use eggs, cheese that I like, bacon crumbles, chives...what ever I like in them. What ever you'd put in an omelet or scrambled eggs. I also will just crack an egg into it for a hardboiled egg. I cook with 2 of them with lids on. Be careful not to fill over half way to 2/3s or it will over flow the molds.

If you are cooking something that you don’t want to get wet you need some kind of cover or lid. Otherwise the water accumulates inside the lid and drips down and you’ll have puddles on top of what you are cooking.

@omatrisha If there is any gap or hole in the lid then the pressure will get through and help cook. But I would make sure whatever you use is pressure safe.

I never use cottage cheese. I make an egg bake recipe and put it in the molds. I do double stack and they come out great.
Eggs, milk, cheese & whatever else you want to add.

@ejk I just copied this from her page. Hope this helps.
Cool: First, prior to placing them in the fridge, make sure they are completely cooled.
Refreigerate: Then, transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the fridge. They can be stored for up to 3 days.
Freeze: After these have been cold, freeze them for later. Now, to the freezer, either leave them in the silicone mold with the lid on. Another option is to transfer them to an airtight freezer-safe container or place them in freezer bags. After that, freeze them for up to three months.
Reheat: To reheat them, transfer the eggs to a microwave-safe plate, and microwave for about 30 seconds, or until completely warm. Another option is to use a toaster oven to reheat them.

@pinsondesouza What size pot is this recipe for? 8 qt? 8 minutes with 5 min NR seems like long time to me. I have a six quart and hard boiled eggs (1c. water) take 5min with 5 min NR.

Laura Lucario I have a new water bottle that I can’t use because of silicone taste so I’m afraid to buy anything else silicone

I use the lids and stack all the time. I put eggs, cheese and whatever U want, sausage, milk shrooms, onions etc. perfect every time. Only used cottage cheese once. Can’t tell its in there.

I have a similar set, but will get some with silicone lids suggested in the group so I can safely cook with lids on.
I have used small curd cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt. Cottage cheese changes flavor when cooked and if you don’t like the flavor, an immersion blender before adding filling will make the omelet part smooth.

Back