Instant Pot Malfunction - Pressure Seal Issues and No Receipt for Return

and if your receipe calls for sauting first when adding the liquid make sure you deglaze(scrap) the bottom of the pot to loosen anything stuck on the bottom that also causes burn notice.

First get a manual online. Follow some easy recipes first to get familiar with it. Seals are cheap if you need a new one. They go by size. Good luck

These answers are very helpful. No idea you needed special recipes for instapot… but liquid certainly makes sense the the whole concept is steam ….pressure…. Combustion if you will…So as long as you have that… couldn’t you continue with your own recipe if you are an experienced cook? I certainly am that at 74 but I have a new pot for over a year and have been kind of afraid of using it as I said before my mother
“Put the fear in me” about pressure cookers and it stuck with me!

if you have removed the seal.. make sure it is in properly. it's obviously heating... but loosing pressure or unable to attain proper pressure

In order to determine if it’s the seal we would need to know exactly what you were cooking when you got the burn notice and if there was steam coming from around the lid. Did the pin drop and did the time start to go done?

I have been doing some of my recipes in the instant pot and the only 2 times it didn’t come to pressure and hot burn notice on one of them was because the seal was not placed correctly on the lid.
Also, if there is not enough water or if the sauce is too thick.
I ended up buying a couple of instant pot books and get recipes on the internet.

I had a twelve quart and it kept on tripping my outlets in the kitchen. Had no receipt called the number on the owners manual. They sent me a new one. Good luck

I had a twelve quart and it kept on tripping my outlets in the kitchen. Had no receipt called the number on the owners manual. They sent me a new one. Good luck

Back