Instant Pot Egg Bites: Cottage Cheese Substitute & Mold Covering Tips

@andyroush depends upon family size. Just two of us, I have both a 6 and 8 quart. I find I usually use the 6 quart. I definitely recommend the Instant Pot brand. I bought the 8 quart so that I could get the air fryer but I seldom use it.

I never use cottage cheese in my egg bites. This looks like a great set. Silicone lids can be used in your pot. I also make mini meat loaf in mine and freeze them. I just don’t cook them with BBQ sauce on top. I put that on when they are reheated for the moisture!

My kids hate cottage cheese, but they don’t know it’s in the egg bites. Recipe I use leverages a blender to basically purée it with the eggs and Greek yogurt, so it’s all about a smooth texture and protein bump.

I will do crumbled bacon OR chopped ham & green onion OR chorizo & peppers OR sausage & poblanos/onions OR roasted red peppers & basil.My kids are not huge fans of the sun-dried tomatoes. I will use shredded cheddar or smoked Gouda or jakepeno Jack. Basically you can do whatever you want or make multiple kinds. I do 2 batches of 2 sets at a time. I use foil over the top instead of the lids. And I use the original trivet for the bottom set with a hard-boiled egg trivet over it as the platform for the second set. Once done, I squeeze each pod from the bottom, then invert onto a paper towel lined plate to cool.

I like cottage cheese, but have never used it in egg bites. I just use milk and eggs. I suppose you could use water, but milk just seems more right

Back