Instant Pot Egg Bites: Cottage Cheese Substitute & Mold Covering Tips

I use grated cheese , onion, bell pepper , ground sausage r bacon r ham and whatever seasoning you want. I’ve never heard of cottage cheese in them. Pinterest has lots of recipes for them. Eggs and milk

Yes the recipe with cottage cheese blended in is fabulous and more fluffy than eggs alone
Yes I have cooked with those lids on, definitely made to make it easier to stack and cook multiples

That’s what I ordered from Amazon too! I was so excited to make brownie bites in them that I forgot to add water, and they turned out like tiny rocks 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
I was brand new at using an Instant Pot haha! I’ll bet all of us have fun stories we could share 😁.

I use 10 large eggs and 1/3 cup half and half. I have these molds and use them with the lids and just stack them. I do spray the molds with olive oil, sprinkle in shredded cheese and add bacon crumbles. Mix the eggs and half and half well, pour over cheese and bacon. Cook at high pressure 10 minutes; NR 10 minutes. Perfect every time! 1 cup of water in the pot.

I cook with the lids on and stack them on top of each other. My kids don't like cottage cheese so I don't use it. I put a bit of cream or milk in the egg mixture. I add bacon or ham & cheese. Sometimes a bit of green onion.

I have on Manuy occasions BLENDERED THE COTTAGE cheese and used it I even use it instead of sour cream sometimes with chips and salsa....

I have these molds and use them regularly to make egg bites. I do not use cottage cheese in mine. I butter the molds, put diced onion, peppers, cheese, ham or some other diced protein. Mix my eggs like I’m making scrambled eggs and put into each molds to just over 1/2 full. Stack the molds just like in your picture, cook on high pressure for about 10 minutes; QR after a few more minutes and unmold some tasty bites. Sometimes I will mix bit of tangy sour cream into the egg mixture. Enjoy!!

You can buy completely smooth cottage cheese now! You don’t taste it, and that way you would be sure it was well blended in.

I found that you can't really "taste" the cottage cheese, but you definitely need to whip the mixture very well for the best texture.

Never used cottage cheese-use the lids and stack them -eggs-any kind of meat i want-cheese and spices and onions or other veggies-just beat them lightly and fill them half way up-12min and quick release👍 have fun and best of luck

... love lots of these shared recipes ... Never heard of egg bites but they sound tasty, adaptable n very 'portable' for lunches etc...
I'm in UK. Any ideas/advice on what's the best type of 'instant pot' to purchase, please? I used to have a prestige pressure cooker, wayaay back in the 80's but now cook with pan/steamer/micro/oven/hob/air fryer... Family of 3 (+ occasional extra) adults. 🙃

Back