Popcorn in 6 Qt Instant Pot – Tips for Better Results

Is it possible your popcorn was old? I seem to get unpopped and tougher popped corn when the popcorn kernels are old. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I tried to maybe a year ago in my Instant pot and I had also very tough and hardly anything popping. and if you I did taste, I didn’t care for the taste. So I went back to my power pop Orville Redenbacher microwave popper which I can use popcorn kernels in and that works so much better. I’ve had that for years.

Not a cooking top, but we bought this flavored salt that will last a lifetime, but it's so delicious. It's called flavacol and a little goes a long way. It's what theaters use.

Good to know that the IP is really not a popcorn maker. I won’t try it! Thank you for your useful tips and experiments. 😃

I had similar results with the IP, came out tough and a lot of unpopped kernals. I coat the kernals in olive or coconut oil with salt, pour into paper bag, fold down the top a couple of times, pop in the microwave for about 2mins 20 seconds (depends on how powerful your microwave is). Turns out perfect and is easy!

Back