Seeking One-Handed Solutions for Removing Inner Pot/Rack from Instant Pot (Disabled User)

chipsterdude

I am disabled and must use a rollatorso I don't tip over. This means that most of the time, I have only 1 hand available for tasks like taking the inner pot liner out of the IP.
For most things, I can use the basket or the pot with a cage in these pics, but not for everything.
I cooked a whole chicke from frozen yersterday and it wouldn't fit in the basket, so I had to use the rack that came with the IP. Even though I tried to lean against the counter when pulling up the rac containg the chicken, I of course had to use both hands and nearly fell.
Do any of you have any suggestions for accessories that allow 1-handed removal of a rack? Also, is there an accessory that I could clamp around the top of the inner liner after the cook is complete that would act as a hanle like at the top of the 2 pics? I can't be the only IP user who is disabled.

1725764926058.png

1725764932976.png

If you search on line, you can find an Instant Pot silicone sling that would probably work well for you, Oxo makes one as well. I tried to include a link, but Facebook is being ornery this morning.

@crescent2k6 Thank you for the suggestion. I've found 2 items on Amazon. A silicone basket and a silicone tricet with long handles that I will be buying to replace the metal ones I'm using.

I fractured my wrist in three places so I have a great deal of empathy for you. the greatest gift you can give your self is to change the height, so you use it without burning your arms. Put casters on an old end table or two drawer filing cabinet.

@assana
I started out for the same reason. No room on counter space. So, I place that two-shelves unit next to the kitchen counter to place the IPs on top of the unit. Then, I came to realize this height works better for me.

Back