Seeking One-Handed Solutions for Removing Inner Pot/Rack from Instant Pot (Disabled User)

I am This is the tool I purchased on Amazon that allows me to lift and/or grasp hot items one handed.
AINAAN Gripper Clips for Moving Hot Plate or Bowls with Food Out,Kitchen Stainless Steel Exquisite Bowl Pot Pan Gripper Clip from Instant Pot,Microwave,Oven,Air Fryer https://a.co/d/4xrtSKL

@jpmary2003 the height isn;t the problem, it's getting the liner out whle balancing and using only one hand. I'm deciding now beween the Pro and Pro Pluss because the handles have a gap that I'll be able to attach a single bucket-type handle to. 🙂

@jpmary2003 Yes I can if I lean against the counter for balance. the problem is using both hands to move it from the table top next to the IP to my rollator seat. getting older is a literal pain, lol.

Maybe put the instant pot on something lower like an end table or coffee table so that you can sit and use both hands. Or get a tall bar stool and sit at the counter. I worry that anything one-handed may still cause you to be off-balance and fall.

@toastwithbutter That solution only gets the liner out of the pot. i would still need to transfer it to the seat of my rollator to take it to where I need it, tho. thanks anyway.
I'm going to get a Pro or Pro Plus and make a bucket-style handle I can attach between the 2 side handles.

Dee Sperling : May I suggest that you use a wheelchair in the kitchen. You can buy a good basic one on Amazon for well under $200. It would be cheaper than buying a lot of accessories for the Instant Pot as well as performing a multitude of other tasks that require two hands. That way you can have 2 hands free to lift things like the inner pot of the Instant Pot. I purchased two Drive wheelchairs from Amazon. They still have them for $150. It's a sturdy basic chair that works very well in my small mobile home with narrow doors. My kitchen is also small and it works very well.

Back