Seeking One-Handed Solutions for Removing Inner Pot/Rack from Instant Pot (Disabled User)

Could you possibly try a pair of long tongs to loop through where the handles are on the basket/inserts? You could then use the leverage to help thrust it out of the pot.

@arobinson I've found 2 silicone thingies to replace the metal ones, so I should be all set for those issues, I just need to figure out some sort of bucket handle for the liner itself. A thin cable with a ratcheting tightener I saw on Amazon has potential in that regard.

@chipsterdude hmmmm perhaps you could join some assistive technology FB groups or Google search to see what has helped others too! I’m always on the look out for easy, low tech AT to help people make life easier

Could you put your IP on a lower table so you can sit down and do this? May be a safer option.
I’m a physical therapist and this is what I would recommend if you were my patient.

@meanstreak That's a great idea, but I still have to put the liner on my rollator's seat to transport it. I'm working on inventing a safe, secure bucket handle for the liner. There's a ratcheting cable on Amazon that has possibilities.

Could you put your instantpot on a TV table of a lower height so while your walker has its brakes on you may be able to tie a long shoelace around top of pot to make a handle to pull pot out and from there get it to counter height so you can work at carving . Good for you for looking for solutions and not just giving up.. an easier solution will come from you asking for ideas

Place the pot on a lower surface before cooking. Place a chair near it & sit down to lift it out. A silicon sling might work good in this set-up.

I’m in the same exact boat that you’re in. Fun trying to make a meal with one hand. I also have to use a rollator or hold onto the counter for dear life or I’d also be on the floor

Back