Seeking One-Handed Solutions for Removing Inner Pot/Rack from Instant Pot (Disabled User)

@assana That sounds good in theory and would definely help when getting the liner out of the pot, but then I still have to transport it to the sink or my working counter. my rollator has a seat, so I put the liner on that to take it where I need it.

I really relate! I recently had knee surgery and use a walker. Getting a hot liner out of the pot is quite a challenge while trying to not fall.

When using the trivet you could try using cooking twine (I believe there is also reusable silicone twine too) to tie the two handles together. That way when you lift it you can grab the middle. Do you have good use of your hands? A locking pliers may help.

When cooking why not place some sort of fabric underneat the chicken on top of the rack to wrap the chicken so that you can grab the cloth piece above the chicken to lift the chicken out when cooking is done? This would be more secure than the silicone sling.
Also, you can get something to sit near the IP.

You might try an adjustable height chair or stool that you can sit and be comfortable in and roll from spot to spot in your kitchen but still have the use of both hands. Best of luck!

I use a Oxo silicone steamer with the handles clipped or tied together at the top. Its a green, thing that looks like a colander.with folds in it. Very useful for many things. I use it for chicken parts when I make chicken soup so I can pull the chicken out, debone it and put the bones back in the steamer to add more goodness to the soup broth, without overcooking the meat.then I can pull out the bones and used up veggies leaving just the broth behind. Then I don't have to pull out the boiling hot broth to strain out the solids.
I can pull out the steamer from the pot with my non dominant hand. The Oxo steamer works great for vegies, potaoes, dumplings and anything you want to easily lift out. Easy to clean too, I also use it for washing leafy vegetables, and fruits like strawberries and blueberries. I use a metal wire cloths pin, binder clip, or string to tie the handles together, for ease of handlng.

Not an accessory but maybe cut the chicken in half? I’m not sure how you are preparing it but I don’t think there’s much difference if it’s cut in half and it should be easier to handle that way??

Back