Seeking One-Handed Solutions for Removing Inner Pot/Rack from Instant Pot (Disabled User)

What about putting the IP on a chair or like the kitchen table and then you can sit in a chair to lift things out? I'm in a wheelchair but can stand up but on a counter makes it hard for me to lift while standing, I have muscular dystrophy so weak muscles. But this way I'm able to lift while sitting still

@mikeck I use this when I do a whole chicken. Works like a charm!! I can lift it out one-handed, and set on a plate/cutting board. Just spray with cooking spray before adding the chicken (helps with the clean-up. Otherwise, chicken bits can stick to the hexagon base)

I have a ton of suggestions! Why? Because I was there. I use a mice big office chair with arms so I can scoot around instead of trying to stand and not fall. And some of the newer instapots have handles on the i side liner! Yep

@donails My kitchen isn't large enough to use anything larger than my rollator. we have one wiith an island. a few years ago, we rearranged things to create more acessability by putting stainless steel tables behind and bside the island so that I could leave out various small appliances-toaster, Anova Precision Oven, microwave, electric griddle, etc. There's also a paper towel holder most places because it's not a good idea to have slippery hands while using a rollator 😝,
Then we put plastic pull out drawers on the bottom shelf of each of the tables. our kitchen will never be in a magazine, but it totally wors for us, and that's the bottom line.

@donails I've been researching the Pro and Pro Plus because of the handles. I'm pretty sure my husband could come up with a safe way to add something that would attach to both handles to make it a bucket handle
But there would be a trade off because I'm using a Max and I'm trying to decide what feature(s) I'm willing to give up for a liner with handles.

Back