Seeking One-Handed Solutions for Removing Inner Pot/Rack from Instant Pot (Disabled User)

The problem with putting the instant pot lower is the plug accessibility. I know what this poor lady is talking about.

It's fairly simple to have an outlet extended to the counter edge. I'd not think it would be very expensive to hire someone to do it, if needed. That's what I've done on my island. Those two outlets are the most used ones in my kitchen.

I am in same situation and use a power strip to plug a few things in so that it is out further on the edge of the counter that I can switch off and on

I used for years and office chair for the kitchen preparing meals getting in the refrigerator Etc. It works great because the height is adjustable for kitchen counter or bottom of the refrigerator. Before I used a stool that swiveled and didn't roll

I agree with the others, move it to a lower table, enabling you to sit. So you can use both hands. Or you could find a counter height stool.

@burning___bush That's a good idea, but only solves getting the liner out of the pot, unfortunately. The liner still has to be transported to a working area on my rollator seat. Getting it to the seat still requires 2 hands.

Place your pot on a lower surface like your table so you can sit and use both hands- might work. I feel for you! I would have a terrible time getting things out one handed.

I am disabled and have had really bad mobility, up until the last couple months, I had only been able to stand for about a minute without holding on to something.
I have counter height chairs, so I can sit and cook and I’m at the right height.

I have one similar to this (I think mine is an official IP sling but might be from OXO) that is silicone and clips together on top. It's great for roasts and things.

I had quit cooking until I got my IP. Mine is on an old microwave cart. It's maybe 8" lower than the countertop which helps a lot. I use a silicone rack because the handles can hook together. I use my basket whenever possible. It's not easy...

I moved mine to a low dresser that I made into a coffee bar. I was in a w/c for a year and use a rolling walker. That way I can reach from sitting. But I mostly use the basket or the flat rack with 2 handles which more fits on

When I am unable to walk without assistance, I use a rolling desk chair in the kitchen so I can use both hands. Is that an option?

Back