Essential Instant Pot Tips & Common Questions Answered for New Users

I have a smoothtop electric range. I put a cutting board on it and the IP on the board, when I vent, I turn on the exhaust fan to minimize steam on nearby cabinets.

Thank you! Just got mine today and I'm not sure of any of the functions or terminology! I think I'll start with beef stew, just saw a recipe on here earlier.

Ya’ll if I listed every single thing everyone asked for, no one would want to read the post. It would be longer than anyone would care to read. These were the most common things I wondered about when I was a new user. If you want a good recipe, search the group. 300 other people have cooked that recipe. Google was my best friend when I was starting out. Who knows, maybe she will become your best friend too!
Oh and @jesusluvsyou is a genius when it comes to the instant pot, he post the most amazing recipes. @lollypoppies is another instant pot genius and has out several instant pot cookbooks. @plebquarreimu1984 is the third instant pot genius I can think of.
I mean search my post from now and in 2019, a lot of seasoned users have great suggestions they have posted on the comments section to my post. You are going to make mistakes, not everything is going to be perfect and that is okay. The instant pot can have a bit of a learning curve!
Happy instant potting!

Back