First-Time Egg Bites Success: Quick and Easy Recipe for a Hit Event!

trilby

I’m making egg bites for an event tomorrow, so I decided to do a trial run. I’d say these were pretty awesome for a first time run! I’ve never made them before tonight.
☺️
I was always scared to try it but it took me less than 20 mins for prep/cooking time. Low pressure, 11 mins, 1 cup cold water in a 6qt pot with the egg mold on the trivet, quick release.
Edit: 3 eggs, salt, pepper, bell peppers, onion, tomato, baby spinach - spray the mold for easy release! Made 5 egg bites. I staggered them in the mold. If you fill up the whole mold, you must cook for a couple minutes longer. I just threw it all in a bowl, hand whisked it and spooned it in! They were a hit at the event today!

1725773155477.png

1725773163069.png

@mrserindavis I’ll have to test it. They are super fluffy and moist so, I’m hoping they hold up. I’ll make more fresh tomorrow then run the “next day” test.

@carsuejohn I used the regular trivet that came with the pot and the InstantPot brand silicone egg mold. I sprayed cooking spray on the mold and cooked them with the lid on the mold.

I’ve been making them at 8 minutes high pressure and have not been happy with the shape… they cook over the mold and look terrible. I’m going to try low pressure. Yours are beautiful. Do you use cottage cheese and the blender?

@gina7arth I read that people were using cottage cheese but I didn’t have any. So, I used a small dash of milk and mixed with a whisk in a bowl. Added salt, pepper, and my vegis. Mixed them all together, then spooned it in. Filled it 2/3rds of the way and cooked. They say not to mix your ingredients (peppers, onion, spinach) in but I did and they came out super fluffy and rose exactly to the top of the mold. 6qt uses 11 mins low pressure and 8qt uses 8 mins low pressure.

I used 4 eggs per 7 egg bites. I made them a little big, so 4 eggs could prob do more. Added salt/pepper to taste and chopped up red/yellow peppers, onion, tomato, and baby spinach. Mixed up with a whisk in a bowl and spooned it into each mold about 2/3 full. I sprinkled a little shredded cheese on each (not pictured) then cooked. If you fill the whole mold, it will require a little more time. If you stagger the egg bites and fill only 4-5, it will cook in 11 mins on low pressure and fast release. Spray your mold with Pam!

Back