Foolproof Deviled Egg Recipes: Tips and Special Ingredients to Win Over a Former Egg Skeptic

I put my eggs in the pot with cold water bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover and let set for 20 minutes. I order from Amozon a plastic little jar. I put my egg in with a little water, shake 2 or 3 time to crack the shell. So easy to peel.

Mayo, just a couple small drops of mustard, dill relish and sweet relish, a little bit of both juices, chopped onion and to with paprika and a smidge of cayenne

Mayo, little mustard, and the magic ingredient a little vinegar just enough to wet the mashed egg yolks.

I have added some finely grated horseradish to some. It adds a little zest - just don't over do it! I like horseradish, and add it to several things, but best on a lettuce salad.

I like my deviled eggs creamy, no chunks. So I use mayo, a little bit of yellow mustard, a tiny bit of sugar, onion powder, a dash of garlic powder, pepper, cream with a fork, fill the eggs and then sprinkle a little bit of paprika on top. I have many requests for these eggs.

I like to use a bit of garlic powder and a bit of mustard powder (not prepared mustard)with mayo salt and pepper. Paprika on top.

I made 3 dozen deviled eggs recently and the ones that were the biggest hit were topped with bacon and one of those Lil’ Smokie sausages and a drizzle of bbq sauce. Very decadent, and heavy, but delicious. All that to say: they’re so easy to make with 5-5-5 and a base recipe.
Base: I make my filling with mayo, a little mustard, a little smoked paprika, fresh cracked black pepper, sweet relish, then sprinkle the top with more smoked paprika. I omit salt because I think it has enough already. Taste it before you stuff the eggs. The 5-5-5 method makes them incredibly easy to peel.

Back