Foolproof Deviled Egg Recipes: Tips and Special Ingredients to Win Over a Former Egg Skeptic

zumaman

I've never made deviled eggs before because I didn't really like eggs for many years but now I kinda do like eggs. I've searched the group and seen that you all mention the 555 egg method and I'm assuming that's cooking for 5 minutes naturally release for 5 minutes, and then cold ice bath for 5 minutes. I'm going to do that but I'm just curious if any of you have a foolproof good deviled egg recipe other than the ones I've read, with a special ingredient that might make me for sure like them. I'm kind of scared to make them and then not like them but I kind of want to do it lol. I like bacon bits so I'm considering mixing bacon bits in them. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

deviled eggs can be personalized. you can add anything you want to deviled eggs. 555 method is 5 minutes high pressure, 5 minutes natural release, and 5 minutes in ice water. It's always worked well for me and I'm at a higher altitude.

I use the 5-5-5 method. Works great. For the deviled part of deviled eggs, I mix the yolks with mayo, a little mustard and some sweet pickle relish. Fill the egg whites with the mixture and sprinkle the top with paprika. They are really good.

I loosely follow this recipe. Instead of mayo, onion & celery, I use 2 Tbsp of prepared ranch dressing. My family doesn’t want crunchy bits in the yolk so the ranch adds the seasonings while keeping the yolk smooth. I also add less salt. You can always sprinkle more on top but you can’t take it back. And yes you are correct on the 555 method. I often only pressure cook for 4 minutes tho. That just makes the eggs the way we like them so you can play around with it.

@alexrkr yes the Allrecipes was the first one I looked at because I always like theirs. I don't think I would put celery or onion in there to crunch either. I might use onion powder a little bit. The ranch sounds interesting but I've never made it either way so I don't know which to do I think I'll do the traditional way with mayo to try first but I think the ranch could be a good idea for me if I end up liking them overall

I put mine on a rack above a cup of water. Then set it for 3 minutes high pressure, and forget it! After maybe half an hour or 45 minutes I comeback and put them in cold water and they are always perfect.

@jabs I had a new family member ask me at Thanksgiving which dishes we brought (also after expressing surprised pleasure at our bacon green beans) and I told her that our dishes are the ones with bacon - everything we brought had bacon except the salad, which had optional bacon bits.

Back