Need Help with Instant Pot Settings for Pork Chops – Feeling Nervous!

You can look up a recipe on the home page of this site by clicking on the search bar and typing in your main ingredients. Using proven recipes will help you learn to use your IP correctly, and give you the confidence you need. It’s a great kitchen tool!

I absolutely love instant pots! Gave mine to my son While I lived with my daughter who has one. Can’t wait to get another! Pm me anytime for questions. I’m not an expert but I have used it numerous times

I have never used all those special buttons, I frankly didn’t even notice they were there. I just find recipes that have great reviews and follow those. I started off terrified of the Instant pot in part so I can get my husband to handle it.  At some point I wanted to get involved and now I just love it for certain things.  honestly, if you follow the instructions and understand the basics, mine has never done anything scary to me. 

Anytime you do porkchops or pork loin you should always brine the meat first (any white meat including chicken breast). That will keep in the moisture

For the future check out Jeffrey Eisner, Pressure Luck cooking. He takes all the mystery out, and has delicious recipes!

I’ve had mine for 2 yrs and used maybe 5 times- the crockpot just seems so much easier and I find the IP cumbersome.
Def thinking of selling it- just takes up space on the counter.

To be honest, the instant pot has so many safeguards, I
I learned back in the before time with a stovetop pc that you really COULD blow up, I feel downright coddled!

Well no useful information from me I’m afraid, I have the same feelings as you! Everything so expensive now you just don’t want to ruin things. I have discovered though that I am a cook by eye person now! Good luck

Back