Instant Pot Lid Problems: Stuck and Wonky Every Time I Use It - Need Advice or Alternatives

romans535

I’ve used my instapot maybe a handful of times. Last time I used it, the lid went on wonky and got stuck (with the food in it) and it took an hour to get it loose so I could use it to cook the food. Just got it out again and decided to try the lid BEFORE I put the food in. As soon as I put the lid on the top it goes on wonky and gets stuck. I can’t be fighting with this thing for an hour every time I want to use it so it’s going in the trash!
UPDATE: My fiancé and somebody commenting saved this things life!!
🤣
🤣

My fiancé pryed the lid off and someone commented about lining up the arrows, which I never realized it had, and the damn lid works perfectly every single time!!

Are you setting it on level at the grooves that it will sink down into. I usually have to fiddle around to search for the grooves on mine, but when I find them the lid literally sets down into them. Have you tried a YouTube for setting the lid on the IP?

@kevm literally as soon as I set the lid down it’s stuck. When I first used it, I had no problems at all. I’d set the lid down and move it into place and then turn to get the little jingle that it’s closed right. Not the last 2 times though.

@romans535 this new year I decided to quit sugared soda and most deserts. Every day I go grocery shopping I stare at that 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew. Worse than quitting smoking, and I wasn't a heavy soda drinker.

@romans535 I painted the two arrows with my nail polish so that could see that I got it lined up right! Been there now for 6 years… so did it to my other three pots too! Works like a charm! Try that one!

Back