Instant Pot Lid Problems: Stuck and Wonky Every Time I Use It - Need Advice or Alternatives

Don’t be so hasty. Contact the manufacturer before deciding to throw it out. You’ve either got a dud and can get a replacement or perhaps there’s something about the way you are placing the lid down that is causing the issue. It’s the first time I’ve heard this happening, but there’s got to be a solution.

Are you using it properly? There's a specific way it turns to lock and unlock. If it's not user error, contact Instantpot customer service. They do really well about replacing their products.

It shouldn’t be going on wonky. You really only need to turn the lid a little to the right place it onto the base, turn to the left and it will go on smoothly. Also make sure you seal is installed in the lid properly.

I’ve had this thing for 2 years. First few times I used it, it was great. Last 2 times, I’m talking as soon as I set the lid down, no turning no nothing, it’s like it sets itself in this groove and it’s stuck. It’s hard to explain, but I don’t have the patience to fight with this thing. I know everyone says check the seal but I can’t. The lid is stuck! 🤣

@romans535
It happened to me twice. I wish I could explain better, but…I lined up the wide sticky-out-spot on the pot with the wide sticky-out-indented part of the lid to set the lid on it. It the was easy to twist and lock. I don’t know if that helps at all, but that’s what I did/do and it works fine for me.
Good luck.
CONGRATS on quitting smoking. You got this!

Back