Foolproof Deviled Egg Recipes: Tips and Special Ingredients to Win Over a Former Egg Skeptic

I had a little rice wine vinegar to the egg yolks. It makes them fluffier. I also have been known to sneak a little Tabasco sauce in when nobody is looking. My grandson loves my deviled eggs.

I use mayo, mustard, salt, b pepper, sweet pepper, grated onion and a touch of curry powder...and bacon and cheddar cheese tastes good in anything. I decorate with sliced oluves and a sprinkle of powdered paprika

I'm from the Southern school and usually go along with Donna Medlin's recipe. A couple of variations I use occasionally are 1. replace the mustard with a splash of apple cider vinegar, and 2. like you I like bacon, so sprinkle the tops with bacon bits. And, last add some celery seed. Experiment til you find fits your tastes.

Pickle juice or relish is an absolute must! It adds tang and acidity and so much flavor! I cannot stand eggs that do not have this ingredient in them. My aunts always put a tad touch of sweetness in them too... either sugar or honey or sweet relish, to balance out the umami if you will 😉 I do like to add some jalapeños and bacon now to mine, to mix it up. I love a fresh sliver on the top. Yum!

@jgcoble Yes I did read a recipe where the person put two teaspoons of pickle juice inside and I decided that that sounded like that would add some good flavor however I use dill pickles not sweet relish or sweet pickles cuz I don't like sweet. So I don't think I would add any sweet stuff in mine or sugar but definitely some pickle juice

It's a spoon full of this and a dash of that.. I wing it everytime based off of the event/mood..
Grab a recipe for the amount you want and go from there.. it is very forgiving.. to runny? Add baby cereal or instant potatoes to thicken.. to dry? Add a few wet ingredients..
(Dijon)mustard/mayo(tartar)/ranch/plain yogurt/sour cream/creme fraiche/wasabi/bbq/combo of..
(sweet/dill) pickle relish/juice only/(cider) vinegar/lemon juice/honey/avocado
(seasoned) salt/pepper/tajin/combo
Dill weed/onion powder/garlic powder/all spice/basil pesto/
(red)onion/bacon crumbles/butter/pimento(cheese)/(black/green)olives/capers/jalapeno/tobacco sauce/horseradish/blue cheese/truffle(oil)
Paprika/Sriracha/cayenne pepper/curry powder/caviar/crab/smoked fish
Customize.. have fun with it..

@tmoe1122 I make deviled eggs all the time. My fav.
I take deviled eggs to many events.. if storing or transporting, do not stuff the whites until right before they are served.

555 works for me but you can always do a small batch at first so you can adjust the time accordingly. And I simply do mine the way my dad made them. A lil salt and pepper and a tiny bit of pickle relish juice for just a tiny bit of sweetness and then your mayo.

I have a few different recipes... bacon ranch (real bacon pieces... can use the precooked great value/walmart brand, and ranch dip mix in mayo), dill relish w favorite mustard or horseradish (i also love wasabi), and i do a buffalo bacon (using the bacon bits, and some buffalo wing sauce w garlic and onion powder.

@jwalsh22 I was thinking about putting a little bit of dry ranch seasoning in the mixture along with the normal mayo and mustard and other things I figured it would amp it up. I also read about putting a couple teaspoons of dill pickle juice

Both my husband and I hate boiled eggs/deviled eggs with a bloody passion. But somehow our oldest son came to love the nasty things. ROFL. So I do make them for him. For Thanksgiving he wanted “fancy” deviled eggs. So I boiled, peeled, cut and popped out the yolks. I mixed them yolks with some Chili Lime seasoning I found on clearance at Kroger and some “spicy red pepper dip” mix I bought at an Amish place. Instead of mayo, I used garlic/herb whipped cream cheese and some fresh garlic. Put back in the whites and then topped with finely chopped thick cut bacon and fresh jalapeno. He popped those things like candy! LOL

@redline29 I've always avoided deviled eggs because I've always overall hated eggs but like I said I can take scrambled eggs now and I find that as I get older I've tried some things that I never thought I'd like for one being spinach dip I avoided that for years because I don't like mayo-based type of things and didn't like spinach cuz I thought of spinach is being like canned spinach so I avoided it. But a few years back I actually tried spinach dip at a work potluck and I was like oh my God this is the best thing ever I can't believe I've missed out on this all these years. So as I'm getting older I'm deciding let me try some things that typically I said I didn't like or I would hate and see if I actually like them now, that's why I'm considering trying these just to see. I could still end up saying ooh gross but maybe not who knows haha

@zumaman I had COVID in 2021 and it TOTALLY flipped my “likes and dislikes”……I hated peanut butter before COVID. Now my “treat” is PB crackers (but ONLY EVER Peter Pan HONEY ROASTED peanut butter on Ritz crackers) everyday. 3 of ‘em. Peppermint now tastes bitter to me. For about 18 months, I couldn’t even LOOK AT, much less smell or eat an egg in any fashion. I’ve hated boiled eggs my whole life and still can’t handle those. But I can occasionally eat a scrambled egg (with lots of cheese or topped with something like in an omelet or salsa/ketchup) and I can eat a fried egg if I have toast or something to take a bite WITH it. Now spinach…..I love me some spinach. But not just “naked.” A good spinach salad with a stellar dressing. Or hot or cold GOOD spinach dip (translation: MY homemade)………And now I’m kind craving spinach dip. LOL

555 method. I add a generous amount of hellmann's Mayo, French's honey mustard, and dill relish...topped with smoked paprika. 😋

My Devilled Eggs - I use mayo and sour cream, salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon juice and some grated lemon rind, I like Keen’s hot mustard - so add it to the mayo/ sour cream/ lemon juice mixture. I finely chop green onions, a wee splash of dill pickle juice. Mash it all together until
You get the consistency and flavour you like. Write down everything you put in and how much - and you have created your own recipe. I found that for a dozen eggs it takes at least a cup of the mayo mixture to get the consistency right. Then you can put the mixture into a ziploc bag, cut off a corner on the diagonal - and you can pipe your egg yolk mixture into the egg halves. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and some dill - they will be beautiful.

Back