Foolproof Deviled Egg Recipes: Tips and Special Ingredients to Win Over a Former Egg Skeptic

I add bacon, mayo, mustard, olive or pickle juice and a mild yellow curry powder!! Always first to go at any event!
( also add salt and pepper)

I use mayo, mustard, sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper in mine. Bacon bits would be a good addition. I have added crushed French’s fried onion rings to my filling. After filling, I always garnish with paprika. Another garnish is to cut a pimento-stuffed olive in half and place upside down in the filling so the pimento shows. Makes a pretty presentation!

All these recipes sound great, but my advice is start small.. Do 3 eggs to see if 5-5-5 works for you, as some people and some IPs need more or less time for their version of perfect eggs. 3 will result in half a dozen deviled eggs … enough to experiment but not be too wasteful if you don’t like them.

@mattb2jp yes I had already decided not to do any more than 6. Because they will be for Christmas and I will have 2 other people over so if I don't like them then they can still be eaten

Because of where I live, the 444 method works better for me and I use mayo instead of salad dressing (personal preference) and dust with a sprinkle of paprika.

5-5-5 is for 1 layer of eggs.. 6-6-6 for more.. make sure lid fits without issue.
Careful not to overload the pot. I find a stacking contraption to be best and not end up with cracks..
I did 3 eggs with 5-5-5 method a few weeks ago and it was perfect..

Back