Foolproof Deviled Egg Recipes: Tips and Special Ingredients to Win Over a Former Egg Skeptic

I add yellow mustard, Duke’s Mayo, salt, pepper, and a few dashes of Texas Pete (and I hate hot sauce!). A little sweet relish is also good!

For classic deviled eggs, my mother always said use lots of yellow mustard. Be careful to not use too much mayo. You don't want them goopy. They are good with only a little salt and pepper, but I like to add a little pickle relish (Wickles is my favorite.)

Bacon bits, chives, chopped green onions, dry ranch dressing mixed with mayo, mustard, relish are all common items to put in. But you can do a general mix (mayo & mustard) then one at a time try out ingredients and flavors you think might be good. Some of my favorites to add to standard mixture are a little cocktail sauce mixed in with baby shrimp, powdered ranch dressing, bacon bits finely chopped favorite nuts for crunch, you can add finely chopped vegetables like celery or carrots, sweet potato pieces, the sky it truly the limit. Let us know if you create any new combinations.

@catherine12 I don't think I'd use honey or anything sweet in them. Just doesn't sound like it goes. I'm already not sure I'll even like cause I'm not crazy about eggs but I definitely don't want sweet eggs lol thanks for idea thou

I prefer Miracle Whip, just a little yellow mustard and juice from pickle jar or jalapeño jar. The biggest tip I can give you is put the filling in a zip lock bag cut the corner and pipe the filling into egg halves. I like to sprinkle Slap Yo Mama on top too. Good luck.

Back