Foolproof Deviled Egg Recipes: Tips and Special Ingredients to Win Over a Former Egg Skeptic

I make mine with cream cheese, a little mayo and sweet pickle relish. Garnish with salt pepper and paprika. My eggs are requested at every picnic, holiday, work get together, etc. I use cake decoration bag and tip to fill the eggcups which makes them pretty.

I use the standard mayo/mustard combo with a bit of sweet pickle relish, but I also like to add a bit of cream cheese to help stiffen the filling and a hint of Sriracha for some heat. I also use a food processor to get it nice and smooth for piping. I top with smoked paprika and sometimes candied bacon.

My deviled eggs are always a hit. Yolks, Hellmans, little yellow mustard, Heinz Sweet relish or for a little kick use Wickles sweet relish, little salt and sprinkle with smoked paprika for garnish. If you don’t like smoked paprika use regular paprika but always a lite sprinkle. I never measure but the Hellmans is just enough to make it smooth but not overpower. The little yellow mustard is to just make it a hint of tartness. Good luck

@cormhusk Mine is just the same except I use a little sweet pickle juice instead of relish. It’s a texture thing at my house. Learned it from my mama and has never let me down. 😀

My recipe is simple Yolks, mayonnaise , garlic and Onion salt to taste and chopped dill pickles. I've found the simpler the better.

6 eggs
1/4 C Mayo
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp prepared mustard
1/8 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
From Better Homes Cookbook
People ALWAYS want the recipe

Squish Yolks with a fork. Mix a little mayo, celery salt and black pepper. Put on egg halves and add paprika on top.
Very simple and very yummy. I’ve done the other ways too but to start off make it simple and then venture to the fancy stuff.

You have a million suggestions now! My BIL was a professional chef and he put jalapeño in deviled eggs instead of relish. So much better!

Gosh. I’ve never used a recipe. Just put the eggs yolks in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Add a squirt of yellow mustard and then mayonnaise to desired consistency. If you want them to look fancy, sprinkle the tops with a light dusting of paprika.

Instead of paprika sprinkled on top of the deviled eggs, I sprinkled everything bagel seasoning on them. I liked it. My yolk mixture is simple, mayo to texture I like, and a dab of mustard.

I’m at high altitude and use 777.
It’s all about sprinkling smoked paprika on top of deviled eggs, and not a cheap one.

Back