Instant Pot Troubles: Recipes Taking Longer and Slow Cooking Issues - What Am I Doing Wrong?

@shotgun693 me too! Unfortunately I tossed an old crock pot because I thought the slow cooker function on IP would serve that purpose! Now I’m buying a new crock pot.

Can you share the link to the recipe for stuffed peppers? I don't have that issue using trusted recipes, the timing works fine.
You can also double check and make sure when you press pressure cook that it is on HIGH pressure not LOW.

Are you waiting till it comes to pressure and does the count down. That would be when the actual cook time begins

Slow cooker setting needs HIGH only BUT time for LOW. As for pressure cooking. The recipe time doesn't include building pressure and natural pressure release but food still cooks them so you can't set your kitchen timer and expect it to be done if that's what you did?

I find LOW for Slow Cook too low, so set on MED & sometimes HIGH FOR 30mins or so. Takes a little patience but persevere you'll find your sweet spot with it.😊

Rule of thumb:
Low slow cooker Instant Pot= keep warm crockpot
High slow cooker IP= low crockpot
Follow tried and true recipes like Pressure Luck, Amy &Jacky, Six Sisters, Rootitoot for best results

Instant pots are not that great for slow cooking. I only use pressure cooking. If I use instant pot cook books I follow them to a T and have had good luck

An insta pot is not a slow cooker - it is an “instant” cooker.
Dry beans cooked under pressure are 20-40 min depending on how much tooth you like.

Also, make sure it’s on high pressure and for best luck use reputable recipes.
Pressureluck cooking
Amy & Jacky
Salty Marshmallow
Rootitoot

Back